So Friday is here and that means it’s High Five Friday. I am coming to you this week with a heavy heart. I have had a tough week with a unspeakable tragedy that bestowed a loving family. My sister’s friends lost their 8 month old daughter in an awful accident. I have been crying all week thinking about the pain that they are feeling. I cannot help them except to pray which I have been doing. (See the bottom of the post on how you can help.)
That said, it has also put so much into perspective for me. I cry for this mother in pain everytime Mini Me tells me that she loves me. It is a reminder that I need to be more grateful every day. That is the best way to get happy. Think about the great things in your life. So, here’s my list:
1. I am most grateful to have two amazing healthy and beautiful children. I thank them all the time for letting me be their mom. They laugh when I say that. (Someday when they have kids, they will understand.)
2. A husband who loves and supports me. He has been through hell and back and still comes home to be a loving husband and father.
3. Clarity on what I want to do with my life. This took almost 40 years, but I know what I want and I am working towards it. My path has been eluminated and I am on my way.
4. Two legs that work. Without running, I would be in committed. Nuff said.
5. The internet – not the technology or even the apps on my iPhone, I mean the community. Through this screen in front of me, I have met some of the most amazing people who have truly changed my life. I could make a list of 100+ names from Theodora, who makes me feel like I’m special exactly when I need it to hear it, to Ashley, Jess and Abby who rallied bloggers across America to help me and my family start over, to Rebekah who kicks my butt when doubt creeps in.
If I didn’t mention you, I am still grateful for you. It’s just that it is high “FIVE” Friday, not High 100 Friday. If we are friends, family or even Twitter “friends,” I am lucky to have you in my life.
Now it’s your turn! Comment below or on my Facebook page. Tell me five things you are grateful for and I bet it will brighten your day.
*BTW – If you would like to help out the family of the late Angelie Parades, click here. If you cannot give, please do send love and prayers and PLEASE do not use your cell phone while you are driving.