High Five Friday! We all made it!
Summer Fridays are supposed to be bright and sunny. However, the weather is not cooperating today in the NYC area. I texted my friend Tara this morning about a change in her plans. She had a long run planned for this morning. While I enjoy a nice easy run in the rain, I get why she would not want to do her long run in the pouring rain, humidity and dark sky.
So, today’s high five is how to stay on your training schedule in spite of bad weather.
- Take it inside. As much as we have a love/hate relationship with the treadmill, it’s there for days like today. If you do not have a gym membership, most gyms will give you a free day or week to check it out.
- Switch up your days. Instead of running today, Tara is going to do her long run early tomorrow and hit the gym today instead.
- Yoga – It’s always a good day for yoga. This is especially true when it’s dark and dreary outside. Yoga will not only give you a workout, but it will help with your mood so you don’t have the rainy blues.
- Actually take a rest day. Yup, I said it. Some days and nights are meant for movies on the couch with the family. That’s a mental refresh in my book.
- JUST DO IT! The 4 above are all options, but I think this one is my favorite. AS LONG AS IT IS SAFE OUTSIDE, put on your rain gear and run those miles. Remember races aren’t cancelled because of rain.
I hope you all have a great weekend. Please keep me posted with pictures on my Facebook page. I love to see what you guys are up to.
And don’t forget about joining me on 10/13 for Staten Island day!